Brew night: Prosecco

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it best to let it ferment out completely then prime in to bottles? If so are you better to prime with sugar or carbonation tablets? (Never done a sparking wine)
that's how I did it, and batch primed with sugar... was my first first sparkling wine, and probably not my last, although won't make my next one quite as strong..

this one was 13% odd and blows my head off, one glass of that after a few regular drinks and it's lights out... would aim for around 10% abv next time !!

Hey Roddy

Have you touched any more of this ? Thinking of giving it a bash along with a colleague from work

Anything you would change to it now that you've done it

Cheers buddy

Hey Roddy

Have you touched any more of this ? Thinking of giving it a bash along with a colleague from work

Anything you would change to it now that you've done it

Cheers buddy
yeh taste is good matey

would change the following thi

1. use white grape juice (for colour)
2. put less sugar in, aim for 10%

Excellent [emoji106]

Did it clear up okay just the same way we do our ciders ? You just used the exact same technique didn't you for making it ?

yeh that's right, took a little longer to clear in the bottle, maybe an extra week, but turned out crystal 😃

Well Roddy i fear you may have done a very bad thing posting this recipe, I have taken the plunge

IMG_7234.JPG

What kind of bottles would people recommend if I was going for a proper prosecco feel ! Looking for corks and cages I think [emoji848]

Looch used champagne corks n cages back in this thread Mrc and as I said somewhere before for prosecco it should really be WGj if you can find it.

As per my earlier post, I have taken the plunge and done a DJ full of this stuff - it's bubbling away nicely. Can I Just check that I have got the process right......wait for it to ferment out or down to 0.0990, rack it into another DJ, wait for it to clear, then bottle it (in something quite substantial!) priming it with about 16g per litre????

Roddy do i have the priming rate about right 16g per litre sounds a lot!? Thank you for all your help on this one by the way!

Roddy do i have the priming rate about right 16g per litre sounds a lot!? Thank you for all your help on this one by the way!
yes mate, I used 300g for about 20L (made a cock of racking so lost a bit of vol), so about 15g per l

sounds like a lot indeed but mine open with a reasonable tssss and a a cm of bubbly head when poured which dissapate like regular fizz and remain in the glass until supped 😃

let me know how yours turn out, tempted to do another now haha

Latest posts

Back