brew now as in right now unprepared

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kermit The Grog

Reaction score
good evening everyone
today i had the urge to brew completely unprepared.
It's 630pm and i just bleached stuff to ferment in
waiting for mrs KTG to finish with the cooker
what little plans i have involve one single malt and single hop batch split into three then two different yeasts because i keep using s-04 (which i do really like)
so one s-04 and one muntons premium gold ,the third is getting coffee in there somewhere
photos going on face book face book at some point tonight

Will there be a whole lot of difference between those two yeast strains ? I would have thought that they would have been pretty similar, perhaps the Munton's just being a bit more generic ?

i have no experience at using other yeast types
i think i read somewhere that people say muntons is more fruity and imparts that flavour to the beer
whereas s-04 does the job quickly and cleanly without leaving a taste
this whole brew was going to be caveman style but i could not not use a thermom n watch
so same batch different yeast it is then
i could not even deviate from bloody cascade hops, bloody cascade hops every bloody grassy citrusy bloody time

all in the boil now only 45 mins left

what flavour are they
i found some hops growing at the end of gatwick airport runway last summer
i went back and borrowed some of the rhisome for research purposes
i think its fuggles it has five points to the leaves
its about two feet high now only four sprouts as its young

pacifica add a citrus / fruity taste, proper yummy, id avoid wild hops as some tramp has probably ****** on them :)

all three bubbling away very well
the muntons yeast does smell very different at the mo more fruity
and the coffee one which is coops fairtrade decaff smells like elderberries ha ha hamster

Some of my fave hops are chinook and amarillo. They are like grown up versions of cascade, ideal for the last 20 miutes of the boil. I also like to do flameout and dry hopping with citra. I know what you mean about being in a rut with hops. Until I find something better, though, I'll stay as I am.:drink:

Latest posts

Back