Brewday ! Rose/Ruby wow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Evening peeps, stuck on a cheeky 25l WOW, was going to be a chippy_tea rgj/apple & rasp staple but couldn't get all the juice I wanted, so slightly varied....

3l Asda red grape (they only had 3l on the shelf)
3l Welches purple grape 'light' (bought that thinking it was the original, but OK cos it has some sweetener in it
4l Princes apple & rasp
900g tin of Youngs red grape concentrate (went to lhbs for yeast and kwik clear and had to spend more than a tenner when paying with a card so picked up that too), might not have been a bad call considering the welches is only 25% juice !
1l of strong tea
5tsp pectolase
5tsp youngs super yeast compound
4.5kg sugar

sg 1.090, so assuming 0.990 finishing, should be about 13% ish

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1435519378647.jpg

haha did my post in two parts this time mate, sure that last time the second half of my post went missing last time when I tapped out a long thread on my phone !

I decided to try it after reading a members post saying he had made it and it was good, fingers crossed it turns out well.

hmm this one wasn't all that, little bit watery tasting, maybe down to the welches 'light' juice but I thought the Youngs concentrate would have compensated...

when tasted alongside the tropical wow I made in the batch before, the tropical one is miles better

I try to use 100% juice as a lot are 30% or less, we like the strength at 2 litres per DJ others prefer 3 per DJ, you could always add a little juice to the glass to give it a bit more taste (i was going to say to the bottle but they look quite full)

Back