Brewdays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abeyptfc said:
well done mate they wines look really nice and clear. ive bought a few of the californian connoisseur wine kits to see if theyre are any good, hope it turns out as good as urs looks!

how many litres do they DJ's hold?
nice one :cheers:

My DJ's go me 5 bottles of each. I could of got 6 but I had alot of waste while racking as expected for a first timer.

So I bottled 5 WOW and 5 Cran/Ras/Red grape using the same method. Cleaned all my equipment and I could not resist starting another lot!

So we have 1 gallon Ribena, 1 gallon Cranberry and Raspberry, and 1 gallon Apple.

Now if I follow Moley’s WOW guide but I don’t use Wine Stabiliser’s and prime my bottles will I have a fizzy cider!?!?! Have a understood correctly ?

Could'nt help but have a little sample of the bitter. Its not cleared yet and it needs more fizz but it taste very strong. :party:

The Ribena has had 7 days and is still fermenting nicely. HOWEVER I could'nt help but have a taste and it was horrid. It was full of alcohol but was still like a syrup and very sweet. I had a reading of 1.070.

Will this level itself out or do I need to do something?

My ribena has been fermenting for almost 3 weeks and started off at 1.080. Today its at 1.060. So is moving very slowly.Its still bubbling away so I am told it is still fermenting, it can take its time. I am hoping it will be finished before christmas as I want my kitchen work top clear ;) .
I am going to try wow after christmas, yours looks fab. Which flavour would you say is the best?

suzie said:
My ribena has been fermenting for almost 3 weeks and started off at 1.080. Today its at 1.060. So is moving very slowly.Its still bubbling away so I am told it is still fermenting, it can take its time. I am hoping it will be finished before christmas as I want my kitchen work top clear ;) .
I am going to try wow after christmas, yours looks fab. Which flavour would you say is the best?

I say the white the mrs says the rose, but we are yet to open a bottle. Just had a little taste :grin:

Well the WOW has been in the bottle two weeks. Would it been soon to crack a bottle open? :hmm:

Also

My apple wow seems to have stopped fermenting. I want to make it a fizzy turbo. Do I need to bottle it with sugar now before the yeast dies? Also do I add CD tablets or anything like I would with a wow or will that also kill the yeast?

hello this is my first WOW, and im just wondering do i put the campden tablet in before i rack the wine or after?

THANKS

:cheers:

kenny_2010 said:
hello this is my first WOW, and im just wondering do i put the campden tablet in before i rack the wine or after?
During racking, crush it to a powder between two teaspoons into the empty DJ you will be syphoning to.

Hi all

I seem to have lost the homebrew in my barrel. Will it be because I didnt gas it? It seems flat and bitter.

Hi Guy.

Just checking in with an update on the current brews. All are using the WOW method

1/ WOW
2/ Red Grape and Orange
3/ Original White Grape and Apple
4/ White Grape, Cranberry and Orange
5/ Red Grape and Apple
6/ White Grape and Mango
7/ White Grape and Passion Fruit
8/ Red Grape and Tomato

I will update on the progress. The Tomato is a lively bugger!

Back