Brewferm Dunkel Bock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone made the Dunkel Bock by brewferm? I love a Bock beer and am tempted to try this. Just wondering if it's a good kit.

As it makes 21 pints, do you make this in the normal FV? Or do people have smaller containers for smaller batches?

Finally, any recommendations on how to improve the kit, or other Bock type kits that are worth a go?

Cheers 🍻

The Brewtherm Dunkel Bock will be my next brew, and I was wondering the same as you: any improvements? Eg. Would switching some of the sugar for malt extract be an option?

The Brewtherm Dunkel Bock will be my next brew, and I was wondering the same as you: any improvements? Eg. Would switching some of the sugar for malt extract be an option?
Hi Jon, I didn't make this kit in the end...I think not long after posting this I took the plunge and went AG. I'm sure someone will pop along and give you some pointers. I'm currently planning to make an AG bock, tho this may not happen until next year as my plans change quite regularly 🤣🤣. Good luck.

Just come across this thread, I brewed this about a year ago, swapped out sugar for dark dme, made 12 litres of very nice dark Bock and improved a lot after 4-5 months in the bottle. Never had a bad brew with any of the Brewferm kits.

Hi all, has anyone made the Dunkel Bock by brewferm? I love a Bock beer and am tempted to try this. Just wondering if it's a good kit.

As it makes 21 pints, do you make this in the normal FV? Or do people have smaller containers for smaller batches?

Finally, any recommendations on how to improve the kit, or other Bock type kits that are worth a go?

Cheers 🍻
I made a double batch to make 24 l and fill my fermenter, about a month ago. I used 1 kg of amber DME. It took off like a rocket and the ferment was quite a bit warmer than I intended. I often get very active ferments if I dissolve the DME for 30 mins or till I get a rolling boil. I'll follow HSD's advice and leave it till Christmas, at least.

I made a double batch to make 24 l and fill my fermenter, about a month ago. I used 1 kg of amber DME. It took off like a rocket and the ferment was quite a bit warmer than I intended. I often get very active ferments if I dissolve the DME for 30 mins or till I get a rolling boil. I'll follow HSD's advice and leave it till Christmas, at least.
Good call with the Amber, mine might have been a little too dark for style, still very tasty. Also went like the clappers, very strong fermentation, next one I do of these I’ll try and put away 9-12 months it aged very well.

Did you swap out all the sugar? Or a mix of DME and sugar?

Latest posts

Back