Brewing lager style but with a hybrid yeast - Temperature?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuff.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and a beginner in brewing (I've only had 3 or 4 brews a few years ago).
I've bought a Loveworks lager beer kit from lovebrewing.com. I'm not sure if anyone else has had a go with them.
I'm currently on day 5 of my ferment and the instructions say 15 days as an average.
The instructions also say that a room temperature of 20-25°C is the range needed for optimal fermentation. My temperature on my thermostat in my room upstairs is 18°C as is the strip thermometer on the side of the FV.
Would you say this would be okay as I can't get the temperature up where the FV is? I know going forward after looking on the forums that a heat belt/mat with an bird would be ideal but obviously it may be too late.

TIA, Dan

18 doesn't sound too bad - probably just take a bit longer. Wrapping the fermenter in towels or a blanket or something might raise it a bit as fermentation does create some heat.

You will be fine. Ive got a bitter on the go at present and the temp. is only about 17c in the room, and its gone off like a train - not that many trains are running at present:D

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and a beginner in brewing (I've only had 3 or 4 brews a few years ago).
I've bought a Loveworks lager beer kit from lovebrewing.com. I'm not sure if anyone else has had a go with them.
I'm currently on day 5 of my ferment and the instructions say 15 days as an average.
The instructions also say that a room temperature of 20-25°C is the range needed for optimal fermentation. My temperature on my thermostat in my room upstairs is 18°C as is the strip thermometer on the side of the FV.
Would you say this would be okay as I can't get the temperature up where the FV is? I know going forward after looking on the forums that a heat belt/mat with an bird would be ideal but obviously it may be too late.

TIA, Dan
"The optimal temperature range for LalBrew Nottingham yeast when producing traditional styles is 10°C – 25°C(50°F – 72°F)"
so you can do a lager style ferment according to LALLEMAND

I used wilco'd gervin to finish off my doppledunkelweizenbock after MJ's m20 called it a day around 7-8%. The airlock was blowing bubbles within 90 mins compared to the airlock displacement only of the M20. Min temps here overnight 16C so fine.

18 doesn't sound too bad - probably just take a bit longer. Wrapping the fermenter in towels or a blanket or something might raise it a bit as fermentation does create some heat.
I've wrapped it up already but doesn't seem to be making too much difference currently

You will be fine. Ive got a bitter on the go at present and the temp. is only about 17c in the room, and its gone off like a train - not that many trains are running at present:D
Sounds promising for myself also then as it started fermenting well after 12-18 hours 👍🏻

Hi guys,

TIA, Dan
25 is way too high.

Latest posts

Back