Brewmaker IPA brew-day...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon_C

Reaction score
So, after brewing a VERY dark stout, based on a Milestone Black Pearl kit, I'm back to getting some session beers on the go for the Autumn and winter season (yeah, right!).

First up, a Brewmaker IPA, which seems to have had good reviews (not to be mistaken with the Best of British IPA)... Perked up with 1kg of Golden Beer Enhancer spraymalt, 250g Medium spraymalt, and a hop tea of 20g Fuggles and 30g East Kent Goldings. Original Gravity 1045, so looking forwards to seeing how it turns out...

Now sitting in my home-made temperature controlled fermentation chamber at 18.5 degrees for the next 2 weeks!

Hop tea. Hmmm... An alternative to dry hopping, perhaps?

Saw elsewhere on here that someone was adding it to the bottling sugar mix.

Any thoughts on that?

Dog.

I always do a hop tea with the primary fermentation, I've never been convinced to dry-hop because of the sludge that you end up getting. 10 minutes in a boiled jug of water, and I've never had a problem with the final product... Nice and bitter, with more sophisticated smell and taste compared to a 'stock' brew....

Back