Brewmorning: Cherry TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Afternoon peeps

Popped on an apple and cherry type brew, probably almost too light on AJ to call it a cider.... but I wanted to keep the abv reasonable enough to down a few and not fall over 😂

Ingredients
12L Lidl vitafit AJ
4 x 440ml Lowicz cherry syrup (400ml for priming)
1L strong tea (5 bag)
5tsp pectolase
Sachet of cider yeast with sweetener from eBay

Method
Chuck in AJ
Chuck in cherry syrup
Chuck in pectolase dissolved in a cup of warm water
Chuck in tea
Top up with cold tap water to 25L

Take SG reading: 1.040

Sprinkle on yeast, put lid on

Stick in the cupboard, temp 22 degrees, perfect

Estimated abv when fermented down to 1.000 and including priming sugar - 5.95% 😀

Bad news is the seal on the tap assembly is perishing a bit, was a bit leaky on my last wow, but managed to soften it with a little vaseline so it'll hopefully do this one without letting any out !

Next FV will be without a tap, I only used the tap latterly for taking samples anyway so no big shakes

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That sounds good. Unfortunately it seems all the Tesco in my area are limited to raspberry or raspberry & lemon Lowicz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds good. Unfortunately it seems all the Tesco in my area are limited to raspberry or raspberry & lemon Lowicz

That's dull matey, I have had the cherry variety in my local sainsburys before, but hit or miss though

have you tried ordering it online or click and collecting it at your local store ?

I haven't tried ordering it online but I don't think I can do click and collect as they don't seem to stock it here.

When you order online you put in the store you want it delivering to, it used to be free but i think its now only free if you spend £30 minimum, i am not sure how much delivery is if under £30 as we always order a couple of kits in the sale (which is due anytime) but it is not much and i am sure someone here will advise.

Tesco home brew - http://www.tesco.com/direct/diy-car/home-brewing/cat5780015.cat?source=others

More on click and collect - http://www.tesco.com/direct/click-and-collect/?icid=sitewide_clickcollect_ELH

When you order online you put in the store you want it delivering to, it used to be free but i think its now only free if you spend �£30 minimum, i am not sure how much delivery is if under �£30 as we always order a couple of kits in the sale (which is due anytime) but it is not much and i am sure someone here will advise.

Tesco home brew - http://www.tesco.com/direct/diy-car/home-brewing/cat5780015.cat?source=others

More on click and collect - http://www.tesco.com/direct/click-and-collect/?icid=sitewide_clickcollect_ELH

i was wondering how long till they would have theyre sale, is it going to be the same for wilko ?

Afternoon peeps

Popped on an apple and cherry type brew, probably almost too light on AJ to call it a cider.... but I wanted to keep the abv reasonable enough to down a few and not fall over 😂

Ingredients
12L Lidl vitafit AJ
4 x 440ml Lowicz cherry syrup (400ml for priming)
1L strong tea (5 bag)
5tsp pectolase
Sachet of cider yeast with sweetener from eBay

Method
Chuck in AJ
Chuck in cherry syrup
Chuck in pectolase dissolved in a cup of warm water
Chuck in tea
Top up with cold tap water to 25L

Take SG reading: 1.040

Sprinkle on yeast, put lid on

Stick in the cupboard, temp 22 degrees, perfect

Estimated abv when fermented down to 1.000 and including priming sugar - 5.95% 😀

Bad news is the seal on the tap assembly is perishing a bit, was a bit leaky on my last wow, but managed to soften it with a little vaseline so it'll hopefully do this one without letting any out !

Next FV will be without a tap, I only used the tap latterly for taking samples anyway so no big shakes

i have used electrical tape on the lid of my brew before when i was worried that the seal wasnt the greatest, give it a go :D

I want to make the wife a cherry lager. I don't really want to buy the brewferm kriek kit so was thinking I could add this syrup to a kit.

Question I have is how strong is the cherry flavour that comes through? And how much would I need for 20/23 litres? And when's the best time to add it?

Woukd it be best to add it To the wort at the start?

If anyone's got any xp on this would be great to hear.

Jake

I want to make the wife a cherry lager. I don't really want to buy the brewferm kriek kit so was thinking I could add this syrup to a kit.

Question I have is how strong is the cherry flavour that comes through? And how much would I need for 20/23 litres? And when's the best time to add it?

Woukd it be best to add it To the wort at the start?

If anyone's got any xp on this would be great to hear.

Jake

Haven't tried this in a lager but bunging in three (440ml) bottles in the start would be the way to go I reckon to get a decent cherry kick

Brewuk sell this
https://www.brewuk.co.uk/cherry-juice.html

Bottled 😃

1dbab5efbb12cd512046c823f5e76981.jpg

Now clear as a bell and carbed up nicely... popped them in my under stairs cool cupboard 😀

Now.. let's see if I can leave them until the weekend 😝

Back