Brewnight: Tropical WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always a good idea to use pectolase with some of these wow's you're doing. Especially those tropical wow's, wont do any harm and will probably help clear and breakdown the pectin.

Bottled mine today and am now pleased with it. Has a definite tropical twang to it and has lost the bitterness etc. Thought this may have been going towards the bin at one stage but I take all that back and look forward to seeing how it develops in the bottle.

IMG_3171.jpg

Bottled mine today and am now pleased with it. Has a definite tropical twang to it and has lost the bitterness etc. Thpught this may have been going towards the bin at one stage but I take all that back and look forward to seeing how it develops in the bottle.

That looks good ! Nice and clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd leave a couple of weeks doesn't look that clear, if you've bottled it might find a little fine sediment still settles in the bottle.

Evening all

OK so I wanted to stick on something cheap (and not too nasty)

Have a passion fruit cider in mind for next time when I have some more dough and the inclination to find the passion fruit stuff.... but

The bits and pieces
4L Asda red grape
2L Don Simon red grape
6L Asda tropical
5tsp pectolase
1L strong tea
4kg sugar
4tsp youngs super wine yeast compound
Cost of stuff... about ��£16

The way
Poured a couple of bottles of juice into FV
Added sugar
Added kettle full of water, dissolved sugar
Added rest of juice
Added 1L tea
Topped up to 25L with tap water

Temperature about 20deg
SG 1.090 (est. 13.11% when fermented out to 0.990)

Sprinkled on yeast, bunged in cupboard

Sorted ������

05d2c05659e117cf2ec8487f02db598e.jpg

Ingredients of the Tropical Juice

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

am just off to get the ingredients for this brew now as this looks lush - would it work with the tesco tropical juice you can get in 2 litre cartons/bottles ?

am just off to get the ingredients for this brew now as this looks lush - would it work with the tesco tropical juice you can get in 2 litre cartons/bottles ?

If it's this one

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/prod...8LUIODLR7OysmNDvZErE4aAkk98P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Then it would be a bit too watery (it's only 30% juice) to use the same proportions as I did, you'd probably have to use it on a ratio of 3:1 to your grape juice rather than 1:1 as I did (cos my tropical juice was 100% juice)

Ingredients:
Water, Fruit Juices from Concentrate (30%) (Orange, Pineapple, Lemon, Mandarin, Kiwi, Passion Fruit, Lulo), Fruit Purées (2%) (Apricot, Papaya, Mango, Banana, Guava), Sugar, Vitamin C, Citric Acid, Flavourings, Colour (Mixed Carotenes), Sweetener (Sucralose)

It has got sweetener in it though, which might work nicely :mrgreen:

OR... use Tesco's 100% juice one

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=277805315

If it's this one

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/prod...8LUIODLR7OysmNDvZErE4aAkk98P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Then it would be a bit too watery (it's only 30% juice) to use the same proportions as I did, you'd probably have to use it on a ratio of 3:1 to your grape juice rather than 1:1 as I did (cos my tropical juice was 100% juice)

Ingredients:
Water, Fruit Juices from Concentrate (30%) (Orange, Pineapple, Lemon, Mandarin, Kiwi, Passion Fruit, Lulo), Fruit Purées (2%) (Apricot, Papaya, Mango, Banana, Guava), Sugar, Vitamin C, Citric Acid, Flavourings, Colour (Mixed Carotenes), Sweetener (Sucralose)

It has got sweetener in it though, which might work nicely :mrgreen:

OR... use Tesco's 100% juice one

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=277805315

thanks for the rapid response - i have now gone and bought lidls Vitafit Multivitamin Fruit Juice 100%

false

it has a great taste so sure it will come out ace

Nice one matey 😀

wanted to get it started today but had too many errands to do, will hopefully get it started 2moz. how long would you say it would be from fermenting vessel to drinkable :twisted: hehe

I've done one of these from start to drinking in 10 days (and lived to tell the tale) 😎

Have to say, popped one of these today almost a month in the bottle. Clear as a bell, no sediment etc and tastes very nice with just a hint of the tropical. Glad I persevered with this baby be ause it was not good in the earlier stages. ( read back ) another patience is the key lesson learnt.

Back