Brewzilla Gen4 Timer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Dyer

Reaction score
I've just done my first brew with my new shiny G4. Seemed to go well. I used the 'top plate' when mashing and it all got a bit squashed and I had to dip my hands in to remove the plate so I could loosen it all up. No problem, I won't use it next time except possibly when sparging.

One thing that really is bugging me though: alright, two things - the RAPT app is ****, not enough room here to explain how bad it is but I already hate it. The other is that the controller needs a timer so you can for instanbce set a mash temp of 68 degrees and get an alarm after 60 minutes. You only seem to be able to do this in a profile via the app (see above).

Am I missing something?

I've just done my first brew with my new shiny G4. Seemed to go well. I used the 'top plate' when mashing and it all got a bit squashed and I had to dip my hands in to remove the plate so I could loosen it all up. No problem, I won't use it next time except possibly when sparging.

One thing that really is bugging me though: alright, two things - the RAPT app is ****, not enough room here to explain how bad it is but I already hate it. The other is that the controller needs a timer so you can for instanbce set a mash temp of 68 degrees and get an alarm after 60 minutes. You only seem to be able to do this in a profile via the app (see above).

Am I missing something?

I don't think so. By app do you mean on the mobile ? The website is better.

BTW I've created some simple profiles including mash which has a timer and alerts. Log into the RAPT portal go to profiles then search profiles and put in HBF. It should show the profiles I've made public. Download the mash one and then send it to your BZ. You can then edit it (different mash length and temperature) and save them and your BZ will download your latest edit.

I don't think so. By app do you mean on the mobile ? The website is better.

BTW I've created some simple profiles including mash which has a timer and alerts. Log into the RAPT portal go to profiles then search profiles and put in HBF. It should show the profiles I've made public. Download the mash one and then send it to your BZ. You can then edit it (different mash length and temperature) and save them and your BZ will download your latest edit.
Yes, I do mean the mobile, and yes your right, using the website on a laptop is easier. However the mobile is handier. I used a profile for my first brew. I think I loaded it onto the BZ from the laptop and didn't get any alarms on my phone, although I'd programmed them in. I understand that a bit of practice will help, but it still seems daft that you can't set a time along with the temparature on the console.

Yes, I do mean the mobile, and yes your right, using the website on a laptop is easier. However the mobile is handier. I used a profile for my first brew. I think I loaded it onto the BZ from the laptop and didn't get any alarms on my phone, although I'd programmed them in. I understand that a bit of practice will help, but it still seems daft that you can't set a time along with the temparature on the console.

Agreed. You should also be able to create and edit profiles on it too.

Actually I struggle to get the mobile app to load. I just get the dreaded twirly. I do get notifications though.

Agreed. You should also be able to create and edit profiles on it too.

Actually I struggle to get the mobile app to load. I just get the dreaded twirly. I do get notifications though.
That's interesting, I had the same problem getting the app to run on my phone. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times and then just left it for a few days and next time it worked.

Back