British Gas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
BWzNuG_IAAA8Y_C.jpg

SWITCH!!!!!!

If everybody that is with BG switched tomorrow it would collapse prices

But will they?

Of Course not.

Pleased as punch to see that BG was putting up their prices :nah: Guess who is with them for both Gas and Electricity :party: Is it worth swapping companies? By the time the paperwork has gone through etc, your latest bandits will be putting up their own tariffs to rob you blind over the winter months.

Think i'm getting cynical in my old age for some reason :lol:

We are on pre pay Metres with southern electric... Planning to change this week to save £220 a year.. Its a sizeable lump of change. This media hype must make a lot look in to changing.

I've switched suppliers a few times chasing better deals, currently I'm back with British Gas and I'm not sure I can be bothered to move again, it always seems to be a load of hassle switching companies.
They all charge roughly the same at the end of the day. I did look earlier and I could save if I switched now, but the only companies that were cheaper are the ones that haven't announced their price rises yet.

It's the brilliant competition of the big 6, who can fleece their customers the most by the end of the year. Competition is supposed to mean that each company announces price drops to get you to go to them, energy companies announce price rises of exactly the same as everyone else, at basically the same time (can anyone say price fixing?) and try to blag that as competition

No price rises for me...I'm on a fixed tarif till end of 2014

Russ146 said:
SWITCH!!!!!!

If everybody that is with BG switched tomorrow it would collapse prices

But will they?

Of Course not.

I have considered changing but having used the uswitch comparison site the savings are almost nothing and if i switch and the company i move to put their prices up i have gone through all the hassle for nothing.

bills would be 7% cheaper if we didnt have to pay the useless, pointless money pit quango known as Offgen

Could somebody explain its role as a regulator? i know the CEO is on £400,000 a year!

For doing what exactly?

We've just swapped from Eon to Scottish power. It's fixed until april 2015. A saving of around £100 and £45 cashback by going through topcashback.co.uk

Ultimately, unless you go for one of the smaller independents, there's not a lot of point switching. Once one company puts the price up, they all do, it's almost as if it was a cartel, or something.

Oh look, now N-power has put their prices up by 10.4%. Any bets on who'll be next?

SloeBrewer said:
Ultimately, unless you go for one of the smaller independents, there's not a lot of point switching. Once one company puts the price up, they all do, it's almost as if it was a cartel, or something.

I disagree. NONE of the smaller companies were cheaper for us when we switched and as for there being 'no point' we have switched BEFORE Scottish power put the prices up so therefore will benefit from this years fixed tariffs. The only time we will lose is if the energy prices go down and I somehow doubt that is going to happen

ryanshelton said:
SloeBrewer said:

I disagree. NONE of the smaller companies were cheaper for us when we switched and as for there being 'no point' we have switched BEFORE Scottish power put the prices up so therefore will benefit from this years fixed tariffs. The only time we will lose is if the energy prices go down and I somehow doubt that is going to happen

Exactly, I switched a couple of weeks ago to a tariff that's fixed until 2017, so no price rises will affect me. may cost slightly more than a standard tariff at the moment but they're all putting prices up 5-10% anyway. In the minute chance that prices actually go down there's no exit penalty anyway so I can just switch again.

I've just switched , again, this time I've gone to ovoenergy.com. this should, by my own calculations save me £700.00 per year :). I currently pay British Gas 2,800 a year and this should reduce to 2,100 a year.

Back