Brupaks Boiler, 29L 2KW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steviewell

Reaction score
Contemplating bidding on a brupak boiler 29L, 2KW on an auction just now, could land a bargain maybe £60 or so. Same as below...

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Brupaks_Electric_Boiler_Polypropylene.html

A couple of questions that I cant find the answer to anywhere, was hoping there may be a user on the forum that could help please?...

1. Does anyone know if the temperature controller can be adjusted IN BETWEEN each setting (ie it says 50, 60, 70... but could I set at say 64C?)

2. It says not to mash in here, why? is it just because the grain would be messy and slip through the false bottom? If so can I mash BIAB?

Any input much appreciated! (and apologies for the mid game post! :lol:

I've got one of these. It's pretty good, I've used it for 12 months, every three weeks and it's still solid. Good strong boil even when full to the limit.
The temperature dial is fully adjustable between 0-100 degrees so yes, you can dial in any temp, but the thermostat seems to be inconsistent by about 5/10 degrees.
You can't mash in it in case grain gets burnt onto the element.

Cheers Darren, a bit dissapointing about the uncertainty of the temp control, but I guess easily worked around with a thermometer.
I guess BIAB would work then for a mash, keeping the grain off the element.

I guess you could biab with it... Not that I ever have. But I think temperature consistency would be an issue. You could always use a cooler box as a tun and use the boiler as a hlt/kettle.

Back