Brupaks Pride of Yorkshire kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

Just curious but are these kits still being produced in significant numbers? Brupaks own outlet,
The HomeBrew Outlet
always seems to have very limited stock and the number of alternative sellers is rather small.
I've emailed them a couple of times but have had no reply from them.
The few reviews I've read of the Colne Valley and Birkby bitters have been quite positive so was thinking of investing before trying the wares of Hamstead homebrew.
Has anyone had contact with Brupaks recently or made one of the kits mentioned above?

Cheers Tom

I ordered some water addition salts a couple of months back no problems at all I don’t use them really for anything else everything seemed to be in stock last time I looked.

Crikey I'd forgotten about these kits, made Colne Valley Bitter 11 years ago: my notes say it was good but needed a bit of maturing time, 6 weeks at least.

Did a few of these kits and they often finished with a slightly high FG, I didn't make a note of the yeast that came with them but it might be worth using something like a pack of Gervin. Back then kits often came with a small 6g pack of yeast rather than 11/12g, which caused stuck ferments, so make sure you have about 12g of yeast.

Made these many times in the past but it has been quite a while since I last made one. Results were always pretty good though.

So much other good stuff on the market now that I can nearly always find something to brew that I've not done before.

Everything in stock here with the exception of the IPA: Brupaks beer kits | The Home Brew Shop UK

Made these many times in the past but it has been quite a while since I last made one. Results were always pretty good though.

So much other good stuff on the market now that I can nearly always find something to brew that I've not done before.

Everything in stock here with the exception of the IPA: Brupaks beer kits | The Home Brew Shop UK
Ah yes, I did see those. Other than from The Home Brew Shop stock is rather limited. 48p more than directly from Brupaks with £72 before free delivery compared to £45 with Brupaks. The tight @rse in me wants to go direct.
Glad to hear you got good results with them, I'll definitely be adding them to my to-do list although with the amount of stuff I've still got to brew it'll be a good while before I purchase.

Cheers Tom

Hi all

Just curious but are these kits still being produced in significant numbers? Brupaks own outlet,
The HomeBrew Outlet
always seems to have very limited stock and the number of alternative sellers is rather small.
I've emailed them a couple of times but have had no reply from them.
The few reviews I've read of the Colne Valley and Birkby bitters have been quite positive so was thinking of investing before trying the wares of Hamstead homebrew.
Has anyone had contact with Brupaks recently or made one of the kits mentioned above?

Cheers Tom
I am not surprised as their customer service is non existent. I have had several problems with them. I ordered the Colne Valley Bitter, which I have been brewing for years and is an excellent drink, but found that the malt was for the stout. They were very uncooperative when I managed to get through to them. Lately I have brewed several kits and each one was a failure. The initial fermentation, which usually is quite strong, was very weak and the beer it made was very watery. I ended up throwing several batches away. I hear that the person who owned the brewery retired and sold the business to new owners and I don't think that know what they are doing. I am now brewing Woodfordes Nelsons Revenge instead. It is not yet ready but I am told it is a good brew.

It would be a shame if they're not the same as they used to be. I always wanted to do a Courage Directors bitter kit (presumably Muntons) but they were discontinued before I got around to them. I'd hate the Brupaks to end up the same way 🥺

Cheers Tom

I use these as my LHBS and they've recently had some staffing issues. Think they run 2 businesses from the same premises so things have been manic last few weeks. They're always fine for me but I order online then go pick up. Any questions I have I'll ring them and they're always more than helpful.

Back