Build your own stackable crates?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petertr2000

Reaction score
I bought a set of crates a while ago, but it turns out they're not high enough to be stackable, as standard beer bottles are just too tall.

So either I need to buy different cases, or build my own.

Does anyone have a design for a crates that I can make from wood that would be stackable? Possibly 12 bottles per crate.

Go to your local greengrocer and ask him/her if they have the polystyrene boxes that broccoli comes in. This time of year broccoli comes "ice-packed". These are brilliant for storing bottles. Tall enough to put the lid on, strong and stack really well. They are also watertight, so if you fancy a few cold ones, just throw in some ice and top up with cold water, put the lid on and it will remain cold for 36 hours.
Ive just thrown away about 10 of these, but I still have 5 left, youre more than welcome to them. Where do you live?

Go to your local greengrocer and ask him/her if they have the polystyrene boxes that broccoli comes in. This time of year broccoli comes "ice-packed". These are brilliant for storing bottles. Tall enough to put the lid on, strong and stack really well. They are also watertight, so if you fancy a few cold ones, just throw in some ice and top up with cold water, put the lid on and it will remain cold for 36 hours.
Ive just thrown away about 10 of these, but I still have 5 left, youre more than welcome to them. Where do you live?

Thanks for the tip. I'll ask around.

I'm in Peterlee, Co. Durham.

I bought a set of crates a while ago, but it turns out they're not high enough to be stackable, as standard beer bottles are just too tall.

So either I need to buy different cases, or build my own.

Does anyone have a design for a crates that I can make from wood that would be stackable? Possibly 12 bottles per crate.

Hiya, not sure if I may be too far away from you (Castleford, 90mins) but im currently selling the stackable crates, bottles and caps if you're interested. I use them myself and stack perfectly!

I made some based on Here it is.

Turned out well, 20 bottles a crate for about 8 quid each in wood (I bought the pressure treated stuff so I could store them outside with less concern for the weather, it could be done cheaper).

**For Sale**

2x Beer Crates, 40x New 500ml Glass Bottles & 40x Gold Crown Caps, just £25! The plastic Beer Crates are very strong, lightweight and stackable. Other combinations available below.

• 40x Gold Crown Caps = £1
• 1x Empty Crate = £8
• 2x Empty Crates = £15
• 20x 500ml Glass Bottles = £8
• 40x 500ml Glass Bottles = £15
• 1x Crate & 20 New Bottles = £15

Collection from Half Acres, Castleford WF10

I made some based on this post.

Turned out well, 20 bottles a crate for about 8 quid each in wood (I bought the pressure treated stuff so I could store them outside with less concern for the weather, it could be done cheaper).

That link doesn't work automatically mate and putting it in the browser links to a post about honey! Could you check it please, I'm interested in seeing it thanks

That link doesn't work automatically mate and putting it in the browser links to a post about honey! Could you check it please, I'm interested in seeing it thanks

Very confused about what happened there, I'm sure I pasted the link, which makes it even stranger, pretty sure I've never read that honey thread before...

Here it is, checked and double checked this time!

I made some based on Here it is.

That's excatly what was in my mind's eye. Thanks

Back