Building a Shed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today me and the wife have sourced some foam cushions from old sofas, that were being thrown out, so we have removed the covers, and placed them on a thin piece of plywood, and using some Leatherette fabric that was in the loft, have made this:

More seating to be covered like this in the coming weeks!

Thanks also to you all for the comments about the new job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, update:

After long thought, i have decided to no longer have a pub shed!

More news will follows:

Time for a change, after all, the original idea was never a 100% pub shed!!

Can u guess what the shed will become.....the bar part will remain though!

Well done to bigjim!

Yes, the bar will remain, as will the snug, but the rest is up for ' removal'
But given my love for movies, and indeed, XBMC, it makes sense to use it for what we really like, and so, i have decided to turn it into a cinema room, and yes i think it was you in the beginning that mentioned doing this!

Yes the bar will remain, as it's still going to be used, albeit privately, as well as the snug area, but the wall where the dart board is placed, thats the wall i have available, perhaps half of the back wall too, so, sod it, i have always wanted a Projector, and so, i shall start saving up for one!
I will be covering the door with boarding too, not only because that's the main area where the noise bleeds out, but also to stop daylight entering that area.
It will take a bit longer to get to how i want it, but what the hell, its going to be better than just a room to get ****** up in,( i must be going off drinking a little)

What's the impressions?

Update:

Been in the shed, and done some moving around, have cornered the music speakers better, also, been in the loft and got most of the speakers down, as well as a few other things, have also managed to source some carpet for now, also, dragged some rugs from out the loft too.

So, we have a little space for now, tv and units coming in later in the week, its gonna be a dolby digital 6.1 set up when done.
It will do, until the funds allow a projector!!!!

Thanks

update:
Well it's no projector, but for the time being, it will do, its not bad actually, 42" plasma, have also installed dolby digital 6.1!

Sounds amazing in the shed, and not a lot of noise bleeds out either, trouble is, i spend a lot of time in here now!!!
Thanks
anyone guess the movie on the TV?

Wow and Double Wow! :clap: :clap: :clap:

who needs fiction books or the telly when we have you?

Epic - in every sense!

Last edited by a moderator:
New to the site so have just viewed this thread from the beginning....Amazing!, thought "This bloke is crazy" at the start but the result is brilliant. Really inspired me for a project for next year, on a smaller scale mind. Picturing myself sitting in my 6x4 shed drinking my homebrew and smoking my cigars / pipe, just like Sid James al a` Bless this house.

Cheers, Crumpy

I have just read this thread from start to end as new to the site....

amazing is all I can say, when It started ill be honest I was like a shed from pallets seriously......but the end product is fantastic

Would love the same

Thanks for that tarticus, yes, your right, i had the same comments from people i know when i started to build it, and like you say, as it changed, they soon became silenced, must admit i did actually enjoy building it, but, now it's about complete.

There are a few little jobs still to do, but these are minor gripes, mainly the step outside the door is to be finished, the door is now secure, but will be replaced next year with a solid door.
Only problem is now, i spend too much time inside it!!! LOL

Ok, i have finally managed to get hold of the brackets that i wanted for the kick bar to the bar, and yes, they were free!!!

The one pictured, is the only small one, which won't be used, the other 5 are the right size, i did have the pole, but it's a tad to big, so on the lookout for a decent pole!

Still doing things to the shed!
:)

With all this rain, shed has sprung a leak in the roof! , it's not a big leak, just a drip in on place near the snug area, i was on top of the shed putting a tarp on the roof in the rain yesterday, and on checking this morning, it's helped it.

I have ordered a waterproof groundsheet that will fully cover the roof,as the tarp does not, once that arrives, it will be secured, and that will have to be enough to see the winter out.

I wanted the felt to last a year or 2 , as i know it's not going to last a long time, the problem started in the summer when it was red hot here, it shrank, causing the felt to tear on the felt nails...and thus its got holes in.
I have put bitumen all over, but, the slightest hole, water will get in, and given the area of the roof...i cud have unknowingly missed one!

What i need to put up there is corrugated sheets of bitumen, but at this moment, its not a option at all.....i will sort it out though!!!!
Come too far for that!

Few changes to the shed this past 2 weeks, the big tv and speakers,on the previous page are now out, along with all dolby sound, i took them out, cos i was making it a lounge, and that wasn't the intention, so at the moment that corner is currently empty, i am trying to get some corner wall seating.

Have only got the silver tv on the wall, and thats for sports!
Heres a little picture with 300 lights on the ceiling!

Latest posts

Back