Bulldog triple tykes stuck

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donny_1972

Reaction score
Ok I have a bulldog triple tykes in fv now for just under 2 weeks. Og was 1050 and now it's down to 1018 and won't go any lower. I have tried giving it a gentle stir a few days ago but not made any difference. Do I take a chance and bottle now? Only time this has happened before is with Woodfordes wherry.

47 views and no repies :eek: I know i have not been on for a while but seems the forum is alot quieter these days.

Hi Donny
Yup, it is a bit quieter since the forum moved. Lots more people joining tho'

Can you bottle at 1018? Probably, its not ideal but its not the end of the world. You'll still end up a +4% beer. You've done the right thing by giving it a stir, I would leave it another week just to be sure. I've had brews that have showed no activity in the airlock after a week but has still been fermenting (readings lower).

I think from memory my Triple tykes stopped at 1012 and turned out to be a very nice pint.

Wait a bit and if no change, go for it.

Thank you for the reply my friend. Checked again today and it has dropped ever so slightly so I will bottle start of next week.

Back