Buxton Nuts & Crosses

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubrewworx

Regular.
Reaction score
During a trip to Thanet and most of the micropubs there, the winner of the best beer of the trip goes to something closer to home:

Buxton Nuts & Crosses

As they describe it, decadent full bodied, smooth and lovely aroma of hazelnut (even with my post covid sense of smell, or lack of).

Nuts or peanuts are not mention as an allergen though.....?

I might need to email them for a hint of recipe.

It was served in the Royston, broadstairs btw.

It does say "Peanut Butter decadence" but it is not listed as a allergen so to me that says it is not real peanut butter as it would have to be listed.
It may be a essence or something similar that has no real peanut butter in it

During a trip to Thanet and most of the micropubs there, the winner of the best beer of the trip goes to something closer to home:

Buxton Nuts & Crosses

As they describe it, decadent full bodied, smooth and lovely aroma of hazelnut (even with my post covid sense of smell, or lack of).

Nuts or peanuts are not mention as an allergen though.....?

I might need to email them for a hint of recipe.

It was served in the Royston, broadstairs btw.

They did that Yellow Belly collab. with Omnipollo (Peanut butter biscuit-flavoured Stout) that didn't have any nuts in it. Combination of malts and lactose seems to be their trick.

However they do it, it was good.

Unfortunately, my local beer shop doesn’t stock Buxton.

So a brew York peanut butter tonkoko stout will have to suffice.

The amount of fat in raw peanuts or peanut butter would give a very oily beer and ruin head retention. Peanut extract or peanut powder that has the fat removed is the easiest way to go. I’ve made the Malt Miller You Sexy Thing recipe and it makes a wonderful beer and can recommend it.

Definitely want to try the Buxton Nuts and Crosses though

Latest posts

Back