C hops and this grain bill? Critique please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deebee

Reaction score
Hi.

I have promised the wife there are no kore planned brews until August ( christenings and holidays get in the way!) However there is a distinct chance that she will be taking the kids away for a few days, meaning that in between decorating tasks i will be getting a brew on.

Due to not having the chance to make a starter i will use one of the dry yeats i have available, either 04, 05 of notty.

Anyway i would like something malty tasting and with an smell of malt. I am a little unsure as to whether the C hops go with my grsit plan, so if someone could come with commnts and tweaks 8 like changing the malts or hops) then i would be most grateful!

Here we go:-

2090 munich
1500 pale
334 aromatic ( i understand this gives both malt tast and aroma)
250 torri Wheat

and the uncertainty hops..

18 g centennial ( 11.4% ) for 60
6 g centennial at 15
10 g cascade (8.5%) for 15
10 gram cascade at 5

consideration of 25 grams for a 25 minute steep

yeast unsure.

i have access to plenty other hops as well so comments please.

centennial and cascade work well together, cascade typically gives you a cirtus aroma and flavour, however at those amopunt of hops this should be quite subdued allowing the malts to come through. For this type of beer I would go with US05

+1. My APA uses both centennial and cascade and it's a nice pint. Very citrus-like as Halite mentioned. Good stuff.

Good luck with your stealthy brew day!

Latest posts

Back