California Connoisseur/On The House Red wines

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

Has anyone noticed any changes (good or bad) since they changed to the new production method and reduced the volume of juice per kit? I usually shop at the £35 ish mark for my reds but have just "treated" myself to a couple of on the house kits with some birthday funds. I've done California Connoisseur/Beaverdale in the past and they were good but I'm wondering if the rebrand/changes have made them worse or not.
I would imagine that the same would apply to Beaverdale as they changed at the same time.

Cheers Tom

I would imagine that the same would apply to Beaverdale as they changed at the same time.
Hmmmmm, maybe not.
I've been checking out pictures of the Beaverdale kits and of the ones I can see clearly enough the amount of liquid is 7.5 litres. If they're recent pictures then maybe they're still the original quantity of juice compound?

Cheers Tom

Hmmmmm, maybe not.
I've been checking out pictures of the Beaverdale kits and of the ones I can see clearly enough the amount of liquid is 7.5 litres. If they're recent pictures then maybe they're still the original quantity of juice compound?

Cheers Tom
After a bit more reading I've seen it mentioned on a couple of retailers sites that the beaverdale are also more concentrated. So my query also applies to these along with the on the house kits. Would be good to find out if they've suffered from the change

Cheers Tom

Latest posts

Back