Cancer Research, Long Way Home 2010

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russt1969

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all,

At some point in our life we will all be affected by Cancer.
My friend Chris lost his father and I've not long lost my mother in law. And my brother in laws been diagnosed with the dreaded C too.
We have decided to go "The long way Home" riding our motorbikes around England, Scotland, Wales then back to London.

We're going to try and raise as much money as possible for Cancer Research so please help us by donating on our Just Giving web site. They accept all credit cards, debit cards and have just started taking Payapal. The minimum donation is just £2.00. So even if you can't afford £5.00 or £10.00, £2.00 would be better than nothing.

You can also keep up to date with our progress at
Long Way Home 2010

Any help or info please contact me at [email protected]

The bikes we are going to be using are Honda Pan Europeans ST1100's.

BZ0fJJQBmkKGrHgoOKicEjlLmZBtBKompEJ.jpg

Many Thanks for reading this.
Russ

All the best with it Russ - you've got the support of the forum :thumb:

Stickied the post :D

great stuff russ :thumb:

some of my family and some close friends have suffered from cancer too , and some weren't as lucky as others to say the least :(

i'll be keeping a look out and routing for you mate :clap:

Sorry Russ, only just got around to donating :oops:

Done now, come on guy's it's a great cause :thumb: lets get some THBF member names up there :D

Thanks for the Donation Wez.
Top Man :thumb:

You're right, we do need some more THBF names up there.
JBK are in the lead at the moment and thats just........... ;)

Regards
Russ
p.s. Doing well with bits and bobs. Motorhead are putting a link on their website.
Ottery St Mary Brewery may be helping and sorting out a photo shoot :)
A good old Bikers Group from the early 80's called Dumpy's Rusty Nuts have donated CD's and T-shirts to sell and I am in talks with Geezer Butler (Bass player with Black Sabbath) who also may be looking to help. It's all good stuff and I'm really enjoying sorting this lot out :D

Hey, sounds like you have a star studded line up to help - good on ya mate :clap:

G'day all,

Just keeping you updated with our progress. Our donations are now up to £330.00 which is fab concidering the time of year and financial climate!! So a big thanks to those who've donated and to the rest. You've still got plenty of time to put a little bit of cash away every now and then before you donate :grin:

Thats great Russ :thumb:

It's a great cause ;)

They are almost half way to their goal, Hope they raise their goal.

damfoose said:
They are almost half way to their goal, Hope they raise their goal.

If we do get near the 1000 I may have to raise the bar ;)

Thanks again all of you guys for you help and donations and good wishes.

All is going really well with the camping sites. I'm getting a huge amount of offers from these guys which is great. Not finished yet but here is the map... So far.......
Really looking forward to some of those roads and some I'm not.....
Russ

Route.jpg

Just thought I'd keep you up to date with going's on.
I had a meeting with a local radio station today. Radio Jackie. And they are going to interview us next year on air as well as advertise our event and our just giving website. So that's good news. :)
Donations are now over the £700 mark so we're getting there.
As always many thanks to those who've donated =D>

Best wishes
Russ

Hi all,

Just returned from a trip of the Labs at Cancer Research UK in Sutton, Surrey. It was very interesting indeed and I didn't understand a thing. These scientists are bloody clever people. They took us around four labs

1. Analytical Technology & Screening Lab :- Demonstration of compound storage and use of robotic equipment for High throughput screening.
2. DNA Microarray Facility :- Microarray fabrication and use (How they are made, why, what we use them for)
3. Midicinal Chemistry Lab :- Compound synthesis and purification.
4. Analytical Chemistry Facility :- NMR (Nuclear magnetic resonance) spectroscopy and mass spectrometry.

Couldn't take photos inside but took a couple outside.

04032.jpg

04033.jpg

04035.jpg

Russ

Latest posts

Back