Carbonation and cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewbeard

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Im fairly fresh to home brew so this may be a worn topic, but when I purchased my supplies for my second batch of beer I bought a basic keg set-up and c02 tank, it works well. Anyway I have a cider finishing up and I want to carbonate it. My delima is my keg still has quite alot of beer in it and I dont know of any way to carbonate other than keg or priming sugar is the any other inexspensive triks out there?

With my cider brews i webt to Wilko and got some fizz drops. Their basically sugar drops. Just added two to each bottle before capping and it adds a great fizz after a month or two. Not sure if they work for beer though. ..

I've only used priming sugar to carbonate chief, apart from that and co2 I can't think of any others....

priming sugar's got to be the cheapest tho ?

Thanks y'all
So I went to the brew store to get drops I bought them, I also got a used 2.5 gallon keg for $25 so I bottle half and kegged half I havent cracked any bottles yet. I figure I'll give 2 weeks

Back