Carbonation drops with beer engine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Witespune

Reaction score
Hey guys.
So I’m almost set with what I need to get my beer engine and Bib setup running but I’m unsure on the priming. I usually use 500ml bottles and following instructions on the carbonation drop packet it says to use 2 for this size bottle.
I have a bitter about to come out of the FV that I want to use in my engine so I planned to bottle into 2L bottles to clear then fill my Bib from these.
How many drops do you guys think is right for this size bottle? I’d really like a real pulled pub bitter head! The math of 2 per 500ml seems excessive for want I want to try and achieve with my hand pull.

cheers!!

I'd have a look at this
https://www.brewersfriend.com/beer-priming-calculator/
You want a very low level of carbonation.
I assume you are pouring it out of the bottle into the BIAB?
It will start oxidising as soon as you open bottle and pour so not sure of the bag advantage.
I believe you can do the secondary in the BIAB from watching this video

or this one

Another option would be to use 2 or 3 litre pet bottles ( do they still make those?) and then put a kegland pet bottle adapter on it and the ball lock connector goes on it. The bottle just collapses as you pull it with the engine.

Latest posts

Back