Cat sleeping habits...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStew

Regular.
Reaction score
Has anyone got any tips for getting their cat to use their nice, soft and comfy cat bed instead of random spots around the house?

I bought my little Merry a cat bed for xmas as she kept nicking cushions on the sofa and frequenting spots on the carpet and causing hard to shift fur spots... needless to say she took to the bed like a fish to water and barely budged from it.

in the last month though she's back to nicking cushions and finding spots to call her own.. i dont mind, but the black fur she accumulates on the beige carpet gets irritating and difficult to remove, so i put her bed where she feels comfortable, but then she relocates!!! bloody fussy woman!

any ideas on getting her back into her bed?

Cat nip, it's a herb, you can even grow it easily, I did but the cats just rolled on it so much they dug it up, put some into the bed you want them to sleep on, it's the cat version of "just roll me in honey and throw me to the lesbians" cant get enough of it :cool:
Bru

Something to remember is it is starting to get warm so your lil cat is going to find cooler spots to sleep at, That fur is a fantastic insulator but as you have a cat living with you I am sure you already know the cycle for their fur already.

A cat only stays where it is happy you never own them :D

It's not going to work! I went to work on my mates freelander today, it has stood for a year and found a cat sleeping on top of the engine! Those things must like to sleep in the most none cossy place on earth!!

thanks... i'll try the catnip

as for the heat, no she likes to sit near radiators when on the carpet or areas of carpet with hot pipes underneath, and on things cosy and warm that aren't near radiators.

my belated Ruby used to hide herself in the engine bay of my next door neighbours van... unfortunately her fascination with vehicles was what brought on her early eternal rest :cry:

Women and cats will do as they please,
men and dogs had better get used to it!

catnip is great fun. Even if it doesn't get your cat to sleep where you want it to, you'll have a giggle watching her antics when she gets her buzz. I particularly enjoyed watching catnipped cats with paper bags.

If you leave your nice soft black items of clothing (the more expensive the better) on the bed then the cat will take to it like a duck to water.

jamesb said:
If you leave your nice soft black items of clothing (the more expensive the better) on the bed then the cat will take to it like a duck to water.

:lol: so true!!

Back