Cheapest 330ml Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghillie

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello Gents,

Cheapest place to buy 330ml bottles? The following retailer works out at 46p per bottle when buying 120 at a time.

https://www.bottlecompanysouth.co.uk/shopping_cart.php

Yes I have got bottles from the pub before, work, recycling, friends, etc. But in this instance I wish to buy one large batch of identical 330ml bottles, which of course will get reused. So for anyone who has bought bottles in the past, I'd like to hear whether you got them cheaper please!

Cheers:cheers3:

I bought a box of 40 from these guys a while back - 40 for eleven quid, but then there's delivery on top. Money well spent actually.
I do 4 gallon brews which equates to 20 500ml and 19 330ml bottles.
I just bought 120 bottles from them about 10 minutes ago.

The Staffordshire Brewery prices seem very good. Even with VAT on that and an estimated delivery charge of £20 it's decent.

Not bad! Do the labels come off easy enough?
Personally I don't bother removing the labels as I'm never that bothered about presentation. I just write what's inside the bottles on the cap with a marker pen. They do seem like the sort of labels that would soak off easily enough though.

Not bad! Do the labels come off easy enough?
Hi
I bought a load of 500ml bottles filled at Morrissons for a quid each, regarding the labels, some peel off quite easily if sat in warm water for 15 mins. Others not quite as easy, depends on the glue used. My mate is bringing me sound "sticky remover" when i get the proper name for it will post. On another note i bought empty wine bottles for a £1 each from my homebrew store but found they are not the same quality as wine bottles from the shops. Thirsty work!

Hi
I bought a load of 500ml bottles filled at Morrissons for a quid each, regarding the labels, some peel off quite easily if sat in warm water for 15 mins. Others not quite as easy, depends on the glue used. My mate is bringing me sound "sticky remover" when i get the proper name for it will post. On another note i bought empty wine bottles for a £1 each from my homebrew store but found they are not the same quality as wine bottles from the shops. Thirsty work!
Yep, got crates full of 500ml bottles in the garage. A lot with labels off, a lot with them still on.

Tried the "sticky label remover" (yes that's actually what it's called) - but some bottles are literally impossible to get even the residue fully off. Brewdog are by far the worst to date personally.

Got the empty 330ml bottles for about 46p each so that'll do me.

Yep, got crates full of 500ml bottles in the garage. A lot with labels off, a lot with them still on.

Tried the "sticky label remover" (yes that's actually what it's called) - but some bottles are literally impossible to get even the residue fully off. Brewdog are by far the worst to date personally.

Got the empty 330ml bottles for about 46p each so that'll do me.

On another note.. I bottled up 38 Roasted Stouts on Saturday. Definately need to invest in a better capper tho..

On another note.. I bottled up 38 Roasted Stouts on Saturday. Definately need to invest in a better capper tho..
I have a wing type capper and a bench capper. I eventually purchased the latter because everyone raves about them.

I don't actually find the bench capper to be any quicker or easier than the wing capper. Might be something to think about if you were planning one...

Surely there is a solution to which you can soak pretty much any beer bottle and the label will come off? I have noticed that the labels on Magners / Bulmers bottles come off pretty easy in just water (and they come in 330, 500 and 568 sizes). It would annoy me to spend money on beer bottles with no beer in them.

I have a wing type capper and a bench capper. I eventually purchased the latter because everyone raves about them.

I don't actually find the bench capper to be any quicker or easier than the wing capper. Might be something to think about if you were planning one...
Ws thinking a bench capper would be easier, might just persist with the wing one

Latest posts

Back