Check it out fellow shiney enthusiasts...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEB

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've had a nice email from Earl yesterday. Your gonna like this guys...

Complete 50L system. This is what i'll be getting asap as funds allow. Camera funds are on hold, dive kit is being rummaged through and everything i don't need i'm selling. I have a spare kidney if anyone's interested? Also a brain-hardly used but slightly beer fuggled, best offer secures... :lol: I want that system and i want it NOW! Especially the conical-look at it. How could you not want it??? I've almost hosed my pants over that pic. Kylie or Danni? Sod off you aussie mingers-i'm after the conical. :lol:

3071138617_5561e1f7fb.jpg

and this is MY kettle so far...

3071975962_1b8597862a.jpg

It looks very tidy from the pic's and as Earl comes from recommendations from the brewing forums here in NZ i reckon the quality will be right up there. He was great with answering all my questions and had many recommendations of his own.

I was excited just thinking about getting my kettle. Now i've seen it being built i won't be able to sleep. Better get some beers down me for the purpose of becoming unconscious. Rather than laying in bed with a woody just thinking of the shiney... :lol:

I will photograph all the welds, taps etc in full when it arrives to give you an idea of the quality. And to show off a little. :thumb:

SWMBO is buying me this for my birthday pressie. I suddenly love her loads. :rofl:

P.S. I know this post is in another thread but i just wanted EVERYONE to see it. I'm well excited. :D :D :D

that's an excellent buy there mate :thumb:

if i hadn't already upgraded to shiney, i'd be very jealous :mrgreen:

BS mate, i couldn't let you get ahead of me ALL the time so i had to get some shiney. Glad you approve. :thumb:

Nice looking kit aye?

Ooh, i asked Earl if he could build me a temp controlled conical. He can. :thumb: Luckily i don't have two front tails or i'd have double hosed my trousers. :lol:

How do i sleep with all this shiney, lovely brewery stuff waiting for me to purchase. If Earl took credit cards i'd have the lot pre-paid by now. Must work out how to run the boat on seawater... :hmm:

No takers on the 'hardly used brain' then? I'll throw a kidney in FOC for cash. :lol:

MEB said:
Luckily i don't have two front tails or i'd have double hosed my trousers. :lol:

l:

MEB..you need the trouser hosing prevention kit to go with all that SHINY..

PICT0094.jpg

:party: :party: :party:

Oggys Bar said:
MEB said:
Luckily i don't have two front tails or i'd have double hosed my trousers. :lol:

l:

MEB..you need the trouser hosing prevention kit to go with all that SHINY..

PICT0094.jpg

:party: :party: :party:

I see you've gone for the model with additional handle OB :cool:

Got my great big gas burner today. :party: With a 2bar/3kg regulator. It got 10L of 20C water to a boil in 12 mins. Pretty good i'd say. Should get 70L of 50C ish wort up to the boil in no time i reckon. It's infinately adjustable too so will be able to hold a nice steady rolling boil. :D

I'm just waiting for 'The main man, the master of disaster, the one and only...... Earl" to tell me the balance to pay. I'm hoping that when i check my email in a min he'll have mailed me. So i'll do a bank transfer and he'll ship it off tomorrow. Fingers crossed it should be here by the weekend in time to have a play. :pray:

I'm going to have to 'alter' a few parts of my brewery as the hardboard and ply started to smoke with the heat of the burner. :shock: I'm hoping some more worktop will withstand the heat a bit better. I'm going to tile the back too so i have an easy clean area. I also think that i'll have to get a slightly shorter, dumpy HLT rather than a tall one as i'll have trouble operating a gravity fed tier system in the space i have. Lot's of playing about for me-which i do love i must admit

Looks like your enjoying yourself MEB. Give us some pics and don't burn the house down. :grin:

My sink is witness to the perils of home brewing
:whistle: :whistle:

I've decided that i'm going to tile the tiers so they will be easy clean area's. I'm also going to tile the wall too. Nice white cheapo tiles so it's all hygenic and easy to clean along with being quite bright. It also means they will cope with the heat from the burner. I'm spending some time in the brewery tomorrow so i'll take loads of pic's. Kettle didn't arrive today so i have to wait till monday now. :(

Back