Check quality of US security camera:

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
This is a photograph of 2009 Obama Inauguration. You can see IN FOCUS the face of EACH individual in the crowd!

You can scan and zoom to any section of the crowd. . . wait a few seconds, double click anywhere and the focus adjusts to give you a very identifiable close up. The picture was taken with a robotic 1474 megapixel camera (295 times the standard 5 megapixel camera). Every one attending could be scanned after the event, should something have gone wrong during it.

http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullscreen.php?auth=033ef14483ee899496648c2b4b06233c

I always remember a bit of advice my old deputy head gave me when I went to Uni in the late eighties. He said never get involved in student politics they will be watching. Sure enough when ever there was a student demo special branch was on top of one of the buildings with big camera's and even worse when one of Maggies cabinet spoke in the student union there were snipers on the roof.

It's actually not 'one' camera, but is based on a scanner (well at least the early ones were).

Basically you sick a scanner on the back of a large format camera. then focus adn the scanner (without the light obviously) scans the back of the camera where the focussed image is. Because these rooms are so bright you can get good depth of field, adn a pretty damned good exposure. The only issue is moving objects .

I believe later models have a grid of sensor arrays and some fancy optics inside to capture the image without the scanning time

There are some amusing artifacts n this image, such as the woman with two faces :D

Aleman said:
It's actually not 'one' camera, but is based on a scanner (well at least the early ones were).

Basically you sick a scanner on the back of a large format camera. then focus adn the scanner (without the light obviously) scans the back of the camera where the focussed image is. Because these rooms are so bright you can get good depth of field, adn a pretty damned good exposure. The only issue is moving objects .

I believe later models have a grid of sensor arrays and some fancy optics inside to capture the image without the scanning time

has anyone found a topic Aleman knows nothing about? :D

Vindiv8 said:
has anyone found a topic Aleman knows nothing about? :D
Synchronised Swimming . . . Baffles the hell out of me :wha: :wha: :wha: :lol:

graysalchemy said:
student union there were snipers on the roof.

As an ex shotton steel worker ,they are my kind of students ;)

Probably get a knock on the door about 3am for that comment.

Back