Cheers! from the City of Durham

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herringgull1

Reaction score
Wey hey lads and lasses! im a canny lass from the northeast of england. Ah divent knaw much aboot brewing but im git gud at sinkin a pint lol

Howay!
I love Durham! My grandparents have recently moved from there to Bishop Auckland - i was very sad as that was my second home and slowly my family has moved away or passed on. They were the 'last remnants' of our family there

With the folks on here, you'll soon have enough info to call yourself an expert ;)

Cheers!
Callum

Haha, bishops just down the road from me, im at ushaw moor, one of those little villages just west of durham in the deerness valley! im sure i will pick the brewing up again. I did it many moons ago when it was a case of just pick some blackberries and let it do its own thing. Kits were primitive and not great, the beer was cloudy and yeasty stuck in old pop bottles lol things have advanced so much to the point that 6 bubbles on an airlock had me in a panic! im glad folk are so helpful as i pick up new terms and techniques, by the way, whats this wow stuff?

Welcome Herringgull1,

The pectolase is to get rid of the pectin which if present will give a haze to your wine, it'll never be crystal clear. For the sake of 75p in Wilkos at the moment it makes the wine look so much better.

Wey hey mick, greetings from the Deerness valley marra! thanks gorty for the explanation, will get some in my kit!

Latest posts

Back