Cheltenham Punting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shearclass

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi

anyone else follow the horses?

I don't anywhere near as much as I did a few years back, but you can't really ignore Cheltenham.

Day 1

2:05 - Sprinter Sacre (boring odds on) may do a forecast with Cue Card 2nd
3:20 - Rock On Ruby approx 10/1

Any other selections?

I got lucky with Alfie Sherrin @ 16/1 in the 2:40 race. I also backed 2 other donkeys, a good start to the festival though... I'll be backing 2/3 every day, always do...

I love the racing and the gambling but I'm also extremely tight, Kevin would be proud... £2 netted me £22 (I think). woo hoo

Ha! If only it was always this easy! two bets two wins. Didn't get forecast on though as couldn't place that on my mobile, so just had to back the odds on shot for the first one.

Prob the only two winners i'll have this week, but i'll check out tomorrows racing and put my two or 3 selections up here.

Easy Peasie said:
You're having a good day, can't believe they've both come in :cheers:

:cheers:

I follow horses, unfortunatley, so do the horses I back :-(

I've taken the week off for Cheltenham, have lost a small fortune so far - hopefully today will bring better luck, I was hoping to win enough for a stainless conical. I'll be fermenting in the bath at this rate.

After a remarkable good fortune yesterday, my two picks today are

2:40 Grands Crus - Don’t like backing favourites, but I can’t find anything that I fancy to beat it. This is about 6/4

3:20 Realt Duhb each way The favourite may well win this, but I don’ t really fancy the 2nd or third favourites, so hoping this will get places at big odds, which in my opinion provides more value than just backing the odds on favourite. This is currently 25/1 i think, poss even bigger.

off down there tomorrow for a couple of days, can't wait always such great fun.

Midnight Chase e/w for me in the Gold Cup on friday, would love to see Kauto Star win it again :cheers:

Im in Cheltenham town centre , the place is mantle at the mo :) i can here the paddys singing as i rite this but cant get in my local for um . iv had a couple of 2nd's but fun when its out side you ignore it . i want um to bugger off so i can go for a pint :drink:

:)

Back