Cherry Juice Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Clark

Reaction score
So there I was last Friday waiting for a train at Oxford and my sister's partner came over and said M&S Food were selling 3lts of Cherry Juice for £5. Well all I was going to do was sit on a train for 3 hours so didn't exactly need to worry about lugging the cartons about so bought some. I started the wine on Saturday and it is going kind of mad at the moment.

Ingredients list.

3 Litres - Cherry Juice (M&S) (88g of Sugar per Lt)
1 Litre - Red Grape Juice (Aldi) (160g Sugar per Lt)
565g Granulated sugar dissolved into the grape juice
350ml of water (for making strong tea, 3 bags)

That lot comes out somewhere close to 4.75lts and 208g per Lt.

I added 1/2 tsp of nutrient, 1 tsp of Citric Acid and 1 tsp of pectolase.

On Saturday I only used the grape juice and 1 carton of Cherry, I added a second carton of cherry a couple of hours ago and will probably add the last one next week.

I'll see how that lot ends up in a few weeks time.

I've been tempted to do one using picked cherries, anyone have any idea of the general taste?

The smell of the cherries whilst mixing mine was heavenly ..... definately have a go at it. Good luck.

Goodness me, I gave my cherry wine a good shaking on Saturday to liven it up a bit, covered it and now its almost "girating" inside the demijohn and bubbling like mad! Is that normal? :hmm:

I knocked up a cherry a couple of months ago. Was really lovely. Not sure how well it ages as it didn't last long enough for me to find out.

Latest posts

Back