Cider yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evolram

Reaction score
Hi all
I made my first turbo cider with wilkos wine yeast and it turned out really good. It surprised me how nice it was. So now I'm going to make a 23 litre batch. Will mangrove jacks cider yeast be better than wine yeast or just different? The recipe will be
18 litres lidl apple juice
4 bottles lowics raspberry syrup
Top up with water
Yeast
Thanks in advance for your advice.

3a579cc9f90d06e34f02bc3424eec950.jpg

This is my 1st turbo cider.

I'm not so sure yeast makes that much difference in my limited experience.... although I'm liking my latest favourite yeast... cider yeast with sweetener (E950) from ebay... takes the edge off the dryness 😎

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure yeast makes that much difference in my limited experience.... although I'm liking my latest favourite yeast... cider yeast with sweetener (E950) from ebay... takes the edge off the dryness 😎

Make some Sweet Mead and you can add a shot of that to each glass. Artificial sweeteners are bad news.

Thought about that before but cba with having to pour a cider then have something else on hand to pour in with it.

I'm sure the 1g of sweetener pales into significance in terms of health implications of vast amounts of alcohol 😀

Back