Coopers I.P.A (Taste Issue) I Welcome Any Feedback

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Devil

Reaction score
Iv'e had my Coopers IPA in the FV for 9 days now and i am getting steady hydrometer readings so I am going to bottle tomoorow (day 10) I had a cheeky taste today when taking my latest reading and although its early days I have to say it tasted VILE!!! worst than any of the beers I have brewed so far (at FV stage). I made it with with Geordie enhancer but it tastes really bitter (I mean really, truly, deeply bitter)!!!! and has more of that homebrew taste than my other beers!!! Again I know its early days and I am praying after conditioning it will taste good.. have any of you guys done one of these kits? if so what was it like when you had a taste from the FV and what was it like after a few weeks conditioning??
:pray:

I reckon I've done about 15 Coopers kits, not the IPA but most others and I have to say, I've NEVER had any problems with their kits... but it gets a lot, lot better for leaving for about 3 weeks

The Coopers IPA was one of the few kits I did.
It will improve markedly over time......extremely bitter I found it young, unpleasantly so. Forgot about it for a month or so and it tasted very good when I went back to it.

ATB

Thanks mate, that makes me feel better, I must say although I am fairly new to homebrewing all the kits I have done so far have been fantastic after 4 -6 weeks, I wish I started sooner! :cheers:

Hi

I've done that kit twice and its generally been superb- I'm currently sampling one that I bottled on Saturday and its perfectly drinkable (although they get much better after a few weeks)

However, I had an experience with a Coopers Sparkling Ale that I would sooner forget. I produced 40 pints of vile liquid, that got worse and worse the longer I left it- I think it got contaminated with something and went bad.

In this case, just leaving it didn't work.

Cheers

D

However, I had an experience with a Coopers Sparkling Ale that I would sooner forget. I produced 40 pints of vile liquid, that got worse and worse the longer I left it- I think it got contaminated with something and went bad.

In this case, just leaving it didn't work.

Cheers

D
Sparkling Ale is possibly Coopers best brew in my experience so it must have been contaminated! Don't lose heart...

Latest posts

Back