Coopers IPA with NE Yeast *Tropical Milkshake IPA Expriment*

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waggy91

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Brewers!

Not everyones cup of tea i understand but a firm favourtie of mine.

I have been searching unsuccesfully for a fruity milkshake ipa/NEIPA kit and decied to have an experiment with a cheap kit someone got me for my birthday.

Currently got the Coopers IPA Can and a mangrove jacks light malt enhancer in the fermentation vessel with 7g of New England Yeast. OG came in at 1.050.

Took about 3 days for fermentation to kick in properly, and 8 days in its still bubbling away steadily.

When fermentation has finished and gravity is dwn to 1.015 ill rack to secondary, adding a healthy oz of mosaic with a hint of citra plus about 1kg of frozen mango and pineapple (defrosted) in hop bags.

Once the desired taste is acheived it will be out with the fruit/hop bags and in with about 250g of lactose in boiled water for sanitary purposes then keg.

I will rack a few bottles of the prehopped and fruited beer off for comparison purposes to see how much impact the fruit has.

Anyone done anything similar? Any advice on lactose/fruit quantities? Ive just been gathering info from the web at various sources and think my quantities will leave me on the tamer side of things.

Cheers!

Back