Coopers Irish Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank950

Reaction score
Would it be best just to bottle this as soon as fermenting has finished or could i leave it to condition for a week or two.I started this in a bin with a filler tap and connector for filling bottles so i would not have to rack it.Just wondering now if i could leave this in the wort after fermentation has finished to condition without racking, or would it be best just to bottle it straight away.Don't want it turning sour or picking up an infection..I did read that some brews can taste better if left to condition for awhile.

I just bottle mine when fg reading is ok. Ive just finished brewing coopers original stout, and its amazing, so enjoy my friend :cheers:

Bottle it,leave it indoors warm for a week then place outdoors in a shed or cool place for a further week or two to condition.
Not sure i would leave it in the fv..
:drunk:

Yea ,i think i will just get it into the bottles asap..tasted the mix just before i pitched the yeast when i took the Sg reading,,man i could sink a few of these now. :thumb:

Give it an extra week in the FV for the yeast to clean up the brew, it does help it taste a bit better.

I'm just finishing my Cooper's stout off, it was ruddy marvelous, so enjoy :)

Out of interest, did it climb out the fermenter and attack the carpet? Mine blew the top of my air lock and half scared the wife to death :twisted:

TRXnMe said:
Give it an extra week in the FV for the yeast to clean up the brew, it does help it taste a bit better.

I'm just finishing my Cooper's stout off, it was ruddy marvelous, so enjoy :)

Out of interest, did it climb out the fermenter and attack the carpet? Mine blew the top of my air lock and half scared the wife to death :twisted:

No!,i was expecting it to ferment really wild although its been going very slow.I have the temp sitting at 21c in a water bath cause of the weather.I used a 1.5kg can of coopers light malt extract and nothing else..The first night i mixed the wort the ferment was pretty wild though.

Yum, yum this is my favourite kit so far - great flavour and mouth-feel, also has a fantastic tight head which stays all the way down the glass :grin:

I hope this kit is slow at fermenting as mine has slowed right down now and i only mixed it up on Sat nite. First night it was fairly bubbling though.

Try Better Brew Irish Stout,Its awesome....Creamy head forever lol...Oh and if you go to Wilkinsons they have offer on at mo on Coopers £11 a tin or get ther own brand and free sugar for £10...Happy days
mattrickl06 said:
Yum, yum this is my favourite kit so far - great flavour and mouth-feel, also has a fantastic tight head which stays all the way down the glass :grin:

monte said:
Try Better Brew Irish Stout,Its awesome....Creamy head forever lol...Oh and if you go to Wilkinsons they have offer on at mo on Coopers £11 a tin or get ther own brand and free sugar for £10...Happy days
mattrickl06 said:
Are they still doing the free sugar? My local Wilko doesn't mention it.

monte said:
mattrickl06 said:

have to agree. the better brew irish is a nice stout. i keged mine and it didnt last 2 weeks once i started on it :D

Latest posts

Back