Cornelius maxi 110

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdaglish

Reaction score
Hi. I have purchased a cornelius maxi 110 on ebay. I have set it up and It works well, however I need to clean the lines out and I cannot work out how it is done!

Can anyone please help, how do I clean the lines out?

Many thanks

Joe

http://www.inndoctor.co.uk/how-to-clean-beer-lines-instructions/

Have a look at this. Basically you need a cleaning container that you put the cleaner into and pour it through as you would beer. If you have corneys, put cleaning fluid in there and pump it through the system. There is an imprtant note about turning the cooler off before you do this. I think that's the gist of it anyway. Never done it myself so if someone has better/different advice, listen to them!

i clean mine as part of the keg clean up after its empty, my reasoning is unlike a pub/bar where a keg can be changed between line cleans our @ home set ups are connected up and left till empty and the line to the tap forms a hygienic extension of the keg to the tap point.

to clean i use the same laundry oxi as i do to clean a keg just pushing it through the line and out the open tap. followed by a couple of rinse flushes and a final starsan flush through to sanitise.

tap spouts however do need more regular attention beer can dry and leave a deposit in a spout if you were wise to select dalex style taps with removable spouts get into the habit of pulling after each session and soak/clean for next use.. if unfortunate enough to have bought the all in one taps you will be wise to invest in a squeezey bottle to flush out the tap spout over a bucket or bowl..

many folk buy the purple line cleaner, it works out quite economical i understand..

hope that makes sense

Hi Joe,

I also have a 110 and as Masher suggests I just make up some cleaning solution, I normally use Star San but something stronger if badly soiled. Then just put into a corny and gas it through and I leave overnight.

Incidentally if yours has no stat on it like mine it's factory set at 10'centigrade which for me is a little cool so I run it for thirty minutes on and thirty off. I plan to rig it up to an STC1000 to get it up a few degrees.

Happy brewing.

Ed Leuty.

Hi Ed, thanks for the reply. So by put it into the corny you mean you put the actual line cleaning solution into the cooler itself?

Thanks

Jie

Hi Joe,

We may have a misunderstanding, when I said corny I meant the corny keg not the corny maxi, sorry if I misled you. The solution goes in the keg instead of beer and then draw it through the maxi to the tap.

Regards.

Yeah I think we do. I'm not quite certain what you mean. Do you have any pictures that could help me out? Thanks

Latest posts

Back