Corny Gas line disconnect with John Guest...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulCa

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently bought a 2 stage regulator for my fish tank to run off a Fire Extinguisher. It has a John Guest outlet with -what was described as- a 10mm push to fit connection and a 4mm put to fit adapter.

As neither my home brew reg nor my fish tank regs have a cylinder pressure gauge they can run out by surprise.

So I'm hoping to make the fire extinguisher able to power the keg without having to start unscrewing regulators and such.

I figured that all I need is a new Corny gas-in disconnect with a John Guest fitting and a length of pipe. When the pub cylinder empties I can knock off the fish tank CO2 and borrow the FE and just connect to the 4mm or 10mm John Guest.

However when I go looking for john guest disconnects they are all reported in imperial, 3/8". Apparently 3/8" is 9.something millimeters. Do you think the odds are it is one and the same fitting and the regulator seller just put 10mm cause he likes metric?

I've tested the FE using the pub bottle's regulator and it works fine. With the "mount it upside down" caveat of course.

I would say they are the 9.5 mm or 3/8 push fit type , they will be grey while the 10mm push fit fittings are white .

Back