Corny help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just setting up one like that tap that I bought a couple of weeks ago, it needs 5/16 beer line to push onto the spigot so I have decided that the way I will set mine up is with 5/16 beer line from the tap spigot held on with a jubilee clip (I need to work out how long the beer line will be to stop it frothing to much) then I will use a John Guest straight reducing coupler that is 5/16 to 3/8 so I can add a bit of 3/8 tube to fit onto my beer out disconnect

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...style-brass-material-beer-tap/1594126076.html

Hi Soton, i have these taps set up and they are working a treat and look great.

Only problem I am having is after pouring a pint, they do drip for a little while after. Have you had any similar problems and did you manage to prevent this?

Cheers!

Mine has a tiny drip but nothing you wouldn't expect after beer has run through them, do your taps lean back slightly? as it might be that it takes just a bit longer for the beer to drip out

Mine has a tiny drip but nothing you wouldn't expect after beer has run through them, do your taps lean back slightly? as it might be that it takes just a bit longer for the beer to drip out

Well i've just got them on a plank of wood in garage now as a temporary measure. And now you mention it they do lean back just a little bit.

Thanks for the tip.

Grab a tattooists wash bottle and fill it with water and give your taps a rinse out after each pour/session, otherwise all those lil traces of dead beer will end up as nasty filthy gunk and attract wineflys as well as possibly tainting the rest of the keg..

Im not a fan of these style over content/function taps myself much preferring the utilitarian dalex style with removable spouts for regular cleaning.. tap spouts can get pretty gunked up over a surprisingly short period of time.

They are quite a good tap as the plunger that shuts them off is close to the spout so there is less dribble from the poured beer, they also come completely apart and can be easily washed, all you need to do is unscrew the handle to remove the plunger then wash in a bowl of fairy liquid with a pipe cleaner( or torn tea towel) pushed through then rinse off with clean water:thumb:

Back