Corny post threads stripped

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyke

Reaction score
I've had one of my corny's for a while so I thought I'd be good and give it a good fettling, including replacing the o rings. One of the posts was really tight, as in, me wrestling it on the floor, my wife sat on it while I tried to get it off. My neighbour, who likes tinkering with stuff had a wrestle then came up with the idea to heat below the post with a blow torch. This worked, BUT when I got the post off the male part on the keg had stripped the threads. Question is, is it buggered?

On one of mine the post was so tight that not much was shifting it. I resorted to the impact driver which quickly sorted it (great tool). Thread was ok though.

They don't need to be that tight when you put them back on. In a previous life the keg would have been full of fizzy drink (coke, lemonade etc.) at a much higher pressure. As we don't tend to go above 40psi and even then only when force carbing they don't need to be so tight.

Hi there possibly not. You can get new posts which come with a nut. You can then fit the new post. Hope this answers your question.
Regards
Patch

Hi there possibly not. You can get new posts which come with a nut. You can then fit the new post. Hope this answers your question.
Regards
Patch
Cheers I will have look.

On one of mine the post was so tight that not much was shifting it. I resorted to the impact driver which quickly sorted it (great tool). Thread was ok though.

They don't need to be that tight when you put them back on. In a previous life the keg would have been full of fizzy drink (coke, lemonade etc.) at a much higher pressure. As we don't tend to go above 40psi and even then only when force carbing they don't need to be so tight.
Thanks

Back