Coronation Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering.....If it’s supposed to be a beer with a festive flavour profile, can go all out of course. However if the flavour should reflect your new King, you might be in trouble.
The word bland comes to mind......

Last edited:
Also posted on another forum.

Well here it is. After much deliberation I've decided to go with a recipe from the "Brew Your Own Book of Clones" Old Jubilation Ale as a starting point. It ticks many of the boxes: little or no ghastly crystal malt, nice and strong, full of flavour.
I'll be using Ths Fawcett's Amber Malt (95-105 ebc) instead of Briess Special Roast and Château Biscuit Malt instead Victory Malt. Both subs are in the collour range and both the Briess malts are described as "biscuit type" malts. A bit worried about using Bullion as it's a hop I normally put in my Celtic Raven Stout, but I'll go with it. Need to find a suitable yeast in my collection, too. Apart from that, everything's in stock and ready to rock 'n roll.
I'll post the full recipe when I've formulated it. In the meantime I'm in the middle of brewing up my crop of Cascade hops from the garden. If anyone has already tried this recipe, I'd be interested to hear their thoughts.

Click image for larger version - Name: IMG_20220911_140331.jpg, Views: 3, Size: 211.66 KB

What about Proper Charlie
bit like a well known w country ipa

100% mo and pale mo colour as you wish
fuggles 60mins
Chinook 60 mins
fuggles 15 mins
chinook 15 mins
chinook flame out
cascade flame out
giggle flame out
i did it to ibu 45 0g 1.058
notty yeast