Council incompetance

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeltz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Had fun and games today, not!

The main road at the end of our road is to be closed for resurfacing from 7pm to 7am for a week, there have been signs out for a while. However the Council decided that the work should start on Sunday morning so the road is now closed no access other than a massive diversion no warning all the signs still say 7pm tonight, chaos as road workers who don't know the area well are trying to direct traffic. Just been down to photograph the signs and 5 different people asked me for directions to get around in the space of a couple of minutes!

I feel a strongly worded letter to the roads department coming on. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ah so it's not just our council who are rubbish then..... :nah:

peelman said:

Off Topic a bit but we love visiting Wales and one thing that stands out is the quality of the road surface ...... so good compared to the English side of the boarder!

Pjam said:
peelman said:

Off Topic a bit but we love visiting Wales and one thing that stands out is the quality of the road surface ...... so good compared to the English side of the boarder!

As an Englishman living in Wales... I would have to disagree.

I buckled a rim on a pot hole on a 70 mph dual carriageway leading to the capital, it was a 1 foot wide, 8/9 inch deep and 6 foot long porthole to the abyss, followed by about 10 of its siblings. That b****** was there for a few months after I reported it.

UK roads in general are dire.

Latest posts

Back