Crates for storing Coopers PET 500ml bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have finally found plastic crates that are a good fit for these bottles:

P1140247Bottle Crate 1.jpg

20 x 500ml ECO Bottle Crate APF13 from

www.solentplastics.co.uk

Dimensions (External):
L 400 x W 300 x H 300mm
Dimensions (Internal):
Partition L 68 x W 68 x H 270mm

Note the partition dimension is exactly 68mm, the PET bottles are 67.5mm diameter at the widest point.
The crates are made in Germany and seem to be designed to hold 500ml swing top beer bottles (I have some that fit).

The sales staff at Solent Plastics were very helpful, they know that beer bottles vary in dimensions and held my order for a day while I double checked my measurements. One of them went into the warehouse and made a physical measurement of the partition for me before processing the order. Ordered on Friday morning - arrived next day.

They are not cheap - I bought 6 for £93 including VAT and delivery but make handling much easier have removed the irritation of collapsing cardboard boxes (they always end up getting wet and mouldy somehow).

Oh wow. They are just up the road from me! I was just looking at building some from wood, but I might just take a trip up the road. Most of my bottles are the 500ml swing tops, so they'll fit that perfectly! Thanks

Latest posts

Back