Cream Ale Malts?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssashton

Regular.
Reaction score
Fellow member Alastair sent me a bottle of his cream ale last year and I'd like to try reproducing it (scaled up to 20L). He gave me the recipe attached.
1670454504458.png

I'm on The Malt Miller website now but I'm not sure if I'm getting the correct malts? I'm asking here because I'm sure some of you can also help me and I'd like to place my order tomorrow.

Recipe says 'Weyerman Pale Malt' but I can not find that on Malt Miller. Is Crisp Extra Pale Malt suitable, or something else more suitable?

The adjunct 'Maize, Flaked' only seems to be available as torrified. Is that the right thing?

Thanks!

1670454493342.png

Both those substitutions will be fine.
Flaked/torrified are pretty much the same thing from memory. I used Crisp Torrified Wheat in that brew, it got called Flaked by the GF software.

Good luck with the brew!

Fellow member Alastair sent me a bottle of his cream ale last year and I'd like to try reproducing it (scaled up to 20L). He gave me the recipe attached.
View attachment 78857
I'm on The Malt Miller website now but I'm not sure if I'm getting the correct malts? I'm asking here because I'm sure some of you can also help me and I'd like to place my order tomorrow.

Recipe says 'Weyerman Pale Malt' but I can not find that on Malt Miller. Is Crisp Extra Pale Malt suitable, or something else more suitable?

The adjunct 'Maize, Flaked' only seems to be available as torrified. Is that the right thing?

Thanks!

View attachment 78856
Continental malt is kilned a bit darker than English pale ale malt so don't use Crisp extra pale. If you do, go half and half with Crisp Vienna. But Crisp Best Ale malt (flagon variety) will sort you out nicely.

Back