Crown Capper Recommendation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrupney_Bit

Reaction score
I'm after a new crown capper as the current twin lever affair was very cheap and isn't all that good. Can anyone recommend a good twin lever model or perhaps a stand based capper with adjustable height? Ideally I'd like one that does 26mm and 29mm caps but generally I would use it for the former.

Any makes/models/web links to vendors greatly appreciated.

Cheers

This One with the 29mm adapter!

Caps any bottle with ease, well worth the extra over the Twin Lever Cappers . . .especially after you have bought two or three :D

must be me......

I bought a 2 handed crown capper when I started cost me less than a tenner. Never had a problem with it. Think I've " wasted " probably 4 caps in that time, by not seating them correctly.

oldbloke,

What's "automated" about it? Does it detect when you have a bottle on there, or do you press a button or what? Do you know if you can get a 29mm cap for it?

Also I'm surprised the automatic one is cheaper than the manual one!

Cheers all for the suggestions. I'm going with the one Aleman's linked to so I can crown cap champagne bottles. To be fair I think it's the same as the one old bloke posted but I can't see for definite that it'll do larger than 26mm. Be interested to hear what the automatic refers to. I'm assuming it's to do with the way it self adjusts or quick adjusts to different heights of bottles.

Can only recommend a bench capper, more $ I admit, but it really is the dogs danglies :thumb:

Fallen foul of it before in the past, bought a cheapie item to start with, then bought something better, don't waste your brass, buy once buy the better quality item straight off and actually save $ in the long run :thumb:

Is there any difference between the metal twin lever cappers compared to the plastic ones? I can understand the bench ones are better, but for occasional capping are the lever ones worth bothering with?

Had a hammer on type one among the pile of stuff I bought. Just didn't feel right swinging a hammer at a glass bottle somehow... Bought a bench capper and I must admit its unbelievably easy to use :thumb: only problem I have is I don't have anything ready to bottle yet as want to leave the 5g of TC in bulk a good while longer so have been amusing myself with a bottle of bulmers that's been lurking in the fridge for quite a while. So far it's had 6 different caps on it and the novelty hasn't worn off yet. :hmm:

That does indeed make more sense...if only I'd read up properly instead of getting over excited. Gave me what I considered a legitimate reason to buy a new toy anyway. :whistle:

Latest posts

Back