disaster strikes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobgoblin

Reaction score
put up my xmass beer yesterday two pressure barrels one is leeking from the tap and not in a place where some ptf would fix. so im going to lose 20+ pints of beer now cant afford to replace it

20161126_095047.jpg

If possible; If you just moved it from FV to barrel, sanitize the FV and siphon back. Replace tap.

Retry

If you can't get another barrel you could leave that one on it's side so it doesn't leak then transfer it to the other when it's drunk. You'll have to reprime it.

Does the cat like it?

Sorry! Nothing helpful to add here, I've never used a keg, hope you get a solution though it'd be a crime to lose a brew at the final stage, good luck.

i may have fixed it had another tap on the barrel that is no longer any good due to me leaving i bit of beer in it for a very long time so it was mold city i took the tap scrubbed and starsaned it to death and switched it for that tap was not easy but i only put in the keg yesterday so not to much time to carb only a small ish hiss so im hoping ill be ok now

Is it leaking around the spigot that you turn for dispensing, or is it leaking around where you screw it to the barrel. If the latter try using plumbers tape

Sent from my RCT6272W23 using Tapatalk

you could lay it on its side , use a rag to dry the area then use mastic to seal it being a bit wet wont affect the mastic. ???? just an idea ???

Latest posts

Back