Double kit brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhousebrewing

Reaction score
With a substantial haul from Wilkos weighing down the shelves it seemed a good idea to get some of it in FVs :D
So setup both my FVs:
FV1 - Wherry with 500g Beer Enhancer, tom puree, 1/2 campden tablet, rehydrated yeast, made to 23 litres, corrected SG 1048
FV2 - Wilko Pilsner with 1.25kg Beer Enhancer, 500g sugar, tom puree, 1/2 campden tablet, rehydrated yeast, 22 litres, SG 1052
This morning both are bubbling away nicely at 20degC
Plan is to dry hop with 33g of Goldings for the Wherry and Saaz for the pilsner.
If the Pilsner hits the FG of the previous one then may liquor back to 23 litres

Should be nicely conditioned for a party in September!

I had a similar day and for identical reasons.
One Wilko Golden Ale and one Hoppy Copper went into the FVs. :thumb:

redhousebrewing said:
With a substantial haul from Wilkos weighing down the shelves it seemed a good idea to get some of it in FVs :D
So setup both my FVs:
FV1 - Wherry with 500g Beer Enhancer, tom puree, 1/2 campden tablet, rehydrated yeast, made to 23 litres, corrected SG 1048
FV2 - Wilko Pilsner with 1.25kg Beer Enhancer, 500g sugar, tom puree, 1/2 campden tablet, rehydrated yeast, 22 litres, SG 1052
This morning both are bubbling away nicely at 20degC
Plan is to dry hop with 33g of Goldings for the Wherry and Saaz for the pilsner.
If the Pilsner hits the FG of the previous one then may liquor back to 23 litres

Should be nicely conditioned for a party in September!

Excuse my ignorance squire, but tom puree??

I can understand how somethings come about, but at what point did someone think 'i know what this beer needs some tomato puree'
Wonder what other strange things have been used - any whole grain mustard in a wherry, a dash of worcester sauce in your stout? :hat:

taxidiver said:
I would guess tomato puree as a nutrient.
:cheers:
Geoff

Spot on - maybe it gives a fruity flavour as well but 1 tsp in 23 litres is almost homeopathic :grin:

Stuart

I love the sound of your tom puree!

33g EKGs sounds great in the Wherry and you get three doses out of 100g pack. I did 50g pellets and could have lived with less. :cheers:

Back