Dr Who.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't really matter - it's just one of those things you have to do, like christmas.

If I can see past the heads of the kids then I'll be watching, something with so many good actors in is gonna have to really try hard to be rubbish...

Well I watched it, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. Maybe after all I am getting old. Having watched Dr Who since the beginning, I would have expected better things after 50 years.

i expected Billy Piper to get it on with Jon Pertwee
so slightly disappointed

I thought Dr Who was a kiddies programe ? use to be on after Blue peter didn;t it ...... :grin:

just been dragged to the cinema to see this by the missus. I watch Dr Who by proxy. I don't dislike it but I'm not mad keen on it, She however loves it so I end up watching it regardless.

I thought it was alright, but nothing special. would have liked to see a few older docs in it I.think

Fell asleep, bit slow, who was the other doctor? Silvester McCoy was my fav as a kid.

bobsbeer said:
Well I watched it, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. Maybe after all I am getting old. Having watched Dr Who since the beginning, I would have expected better things after 50 years.

They negated the Time War, no small thing shurely.

nobyipa said:
so slightly disappointed

Never really seen the attraction of Billie Piper!

I thought the second half was quite clever, 1st half a bit slow, good twist at the end....will confuse the hell out of the American audience :P :lol:

I enjoyed it, but....

Not too sure about the whole timewar thing, Daleks, Cybermen and Time Lords were routinely at war with each other when I was a kid, but overthrowing Gallifrey seems a bit much considering the Doctor regularly wipes them out with nothing more than a sonic screwdriver....

It would have been good to have had a few more off the old Doctors in it, bit like the one they did years ago where they had 5 of them in the show.

oldbloke said:
nobyipa said:
so slightly disappointed

Never really seen the attraction of Billie Piper!
ye me neither but Jon Pertwee dressed up as a scarecrow :lol:

Latest posts

Back