Drinking my 1st brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suffolk

Reaction score
I bottled my first kit brew a week ago
I have tried 2 bottles so far and they are starting to get there.
I know it will take a few weeks to really be drinkable but I am trying to see how the process goes.

First bottle was completley flat and poured it down the drain, the second had no fizz when I opened it but it has bubbles up the glass and is quite clear, which I did finish :)
I will try another one in 6 days

Sounds great!

Out of curiosity, how did you carbonate the beer?

I'm looking at making a batch soon and thinking of going the carbonation drops route

Where have you stored them since they've been in the bottle?

I have kept the bottles in the same place I have my fermenter in a warm room.
I used carbonation drops which are more expensive than sugar but for a newbie they are a god send.
I will use the drops a few times till I get the courage to use sugar.
As we all know it is a learning curve so I don't mind wasting a few bottles to start with
The little bottler is great tool

As a relative newbie to homebrewing (3 kit brews and 10 BIABs) I have always had success with using regular table sugar for my secondaries. I use this website to calculate how much to add http://www.brewersfriend.com/beer-priming-calculator/ , dissolve it in boiled water and batch prime as Chippy has advised above. Pretty cheap and effective way of getting the desired levels of carbonation for the style I'm brewing.

I bottled my first kit brew a week ago
I have tried 2 bottles so far and they are starting to get there.
I know it will take a few weeks to really be drinkable but I am trying to see how the process goes.

First bottle was completley flat and poured it down the drain, the second had no fizz when I opened it but it has bubbles up the glass and is quite clear, which I did finish :)
I will try another one in 6 days

Well done! :thumb: :thumb:

I hope you have the next brew on the go 'cos when this one comes good it will disappear rapidly. :whistle:

Latest posts

Back