Dunelm steriliser

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iian

Reaction score
Lot of people on her have have problems with VWP, myself included, the fact that it can be difficult to rinse from brewing buckets and barrels.

Anyway, picked up some sterilier from Dunelms homebrew section, its called Bruclens and made by muntons, says its sodium percarbonte, doesnt have that strong chlorine smell at all when using it, worth checking out i reckon, only just over a pound for a 100g tub.

Are the online prices in Dunelm the same as instore then? I'll pick meself up a Wherry (i'm rather partial being from that part of the country originally). Fancy the Sundew too though.

Do they have anything else instore? It's almost like they "dabble" with homebrew - they talk about buying "beer maker’s equipment pack" but I can't find anything like that. Are they dispensing with homebrew?

to be honest the steriliser was at a reduced price, why i snapped up several.

They dont have a lot of homebrew stuff, just a few woodfordes kits if i remember rightly

That's the same active ingredient as the Wilkinson steriliser. I asked on here and the opinion was that it wasn't actually a steriliser/sanitiser at all. It's the stuff in oxy clean. It won't smell of chlorine as it doesn't contain any.

I've used the dunelm one as I got some when I got the woodfordes kits and I've also used the wilko steriliser and not had an issue with either of them so far touch wood

Latest posts

Back