Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer sheds and mancaves. Join the group and search hand pull. Glenn parkes created the video.

Basically he vents the keg, pushes the centre bung through, feeds in the tube and then punches an hole in the top of the keg for air flow. So the keg is ten ruined.

Bit of a puzzler, I've been using my mini kegs for about 2 1/2 years now with no problems at all... until now
I have 9 kegs on the go with different brews but my last 7 or 8 kegs have been total froth bombs. I'm not talking the first couple of pints being a bit frothy it goes right to the bottom of the keg, each pint is a pint of froth that I leave to settle and end up with about 3 inches in the bottom of the glass. This weekend I got through 3 kegs and wasn't even slightly ******, spent more time walking to the fridge. Thing is the beer tastes fine and I haven't done anything different to the dozens of times I've done it before. Also I split the brews between kegs and barrells and the bottles are fine
I'm starting to think that the kegs have come to the end of their lifespan, the outsides were going slightly rusty on the surface so I Plastikoted them months ago so maybe the insides are shot too?
Anybody have any ideas before I skip the lot?
Am thinking of buying a new one and giving it a try to see if that works out ok
Any help much appreciated

Back