Ebay seller faliure on Universal 2750Watt 230V Kettle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch

Landlord.
Reaction score
This is a story about how an ebay item bought in November is still outstanding;

item bought 29th November
one was faulty advised the seller 5th December, item was promised as dispatched
11th Still no items so contacted seller, he confirmed it was sent 5th
16th Dec i check if there return address was on it ?
17th Dec i visited the shop bought a further 6 units, asked if i could return and swap the faulty one?
He advised he could not swap but would take the unit and pass on, and to contact the lads via ebay to arrange replacement.
I asked if he wanted the faulty element or the whole lot as it was as per ebay listing. he said best leave the lot, so i did
17th i email and they ask if i would like another sending ?
3rd Jan he confirms a replacement was sent on the 5th > i thought he sent another on the 11th ?
3rd Jan he says he will send another with a prepaid envelope to return the faulty one
8th Jan i finally get a replacement element but no plug.
27th Jan he claims that the replacement plug was sent on the 8th
6th Feb still no plug so he says he will resend again.
24th Feb Quote "Hi sorry about that I'm not sure what keeps happening to your order I will pack it myself today."

19th March i get this reply after contacting him again
Quote "Hi sorry we have already sent you several of these in the post something is going very wrong in the post we cannot send you anymore sorry."

so i reckon he has claimed to resend over 8 times between original purchase and the current plug.

They are called Spares-2-go in ellsemere port, the elements seem ok , not used in anger yet but shocking customer service

up to you if you want to risk it , they are cheap but no idea of customer service
i wish i had gone to someone else now, life is too short for **** like this

T

Can you log a complaint with ebay and get your money back?

If you have email proof of your dealings with them then they are more than likely going to side with you.

As for the customer service, it sounds very poor!

Latest posts

Back