Elderflower Champagne - bottle carbing sugar dose please.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevieboy

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm bottling 2 gallons for a friend, I have the champagne bottles and the plastic corks and cages - what would you guys recommend as a carbing sugar dose please? ( I have a bag of priming sugar from an old brew that I didn't use)

An ice cream machine insert is brilliant for freezing the neck.
Tell me more. I've experimented with riddling and freezing the neck, but never been successful. We have an ice cream maker insert for our Kenwood chef

Tell me more. I've experimented with riddling and freezing the neck, but never been successful. We have an ice cream maker insert for our Kenwood chef
Turn bottle upside down, ensure all sediment in neck, freeze neck and wine in neck, remove cork, remove sediment, re cork and voila. But you knew that.

Turn bottle upside down, ensure all sediment in neck, freeze neck and wine in neck, remove cork, remove sediment, re cork and voila. But you knew that.
Yes. It was more a question is "how do you use the ice cream insert?"

Crown cap the fizz bottles (bigger caps than beer)

Then half fill the insert (frozen hard), with ice and salt. Insert 2 or 3 necks they will freeze. Remove and disgorge.

You should a few through before it fades.

Crown cap the fizz bottles (bigger caps than beer)

Then half fill the insert (frozen hard), with ice and salt. Insert 2 or 3 necks they will freeze. Remove and disgorge.

You should a few through before it fades.
Have you managed to get that to work? I've tried with a saturated brine solution in the freezer and it couldn't freeze the necks of the bottle.

Latest posts

Back